Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm grateful for Thanksgiving (Nov. 2013)

I love my family! I especially love Thanksgiving because it is so much about family. It seems the world stops for a day and everyone gathers in the home to help prepare the most delicious food. I love to have my children come home from college, from another state, or even across town to all be together. My day started out by myself and our 20+ lb. turkey. He was soon in the oven and I had time to hug cute granddaughter Evelyn who was staying in our home along with her family from Glendale, AZ.
Austin & Julia came from BYU-I, arriving just the night before Thanksgiving. Always a relief when they get here safely during the winter months. Avery long knitted scarf that Dallin made years ago was in the dress-up chest. Evelyn became bound up in it.

She loved the teasing from Grandpa.

Emily was a great help in the kitchen. She made the most delicious mashed potatoes!

Meredith made yummy pumpkin cookies to take to their William's Thanksgiving dinner. All the William's were in town for Ashley's wedding reception.
The happy engaged couple about 5 weeks from their wedding!

I really liked the method I tried this year of baking the turkey at a very high heat for an hour and then on a low heat. Yum! Very moist!

Cute Sydney putting on the finishing touches before our feast.

We loved having Emily, Julia & Austin, and the Vance Family with us.

We were having such a lovely, clear day that after we ate we all went on a walk around the neighborhood.

Grandpa had to take time out for kisses
Sydney was in charge of planning the Thanksgiving program. She and her siblings had a cute skit for us to enjoy.

Lots of smiles and laughs at the kid's table later when the Caudle's and Williams' family joined us later that day.
Balderdash was a fun bluffing games that we all enjoyed. Many memories of being together to feast together, sing together, laugh together and rejoice together in our bounteous blessings.



No comments: