One of the joyous blessings that came to me in January of 2013, was to begin working in the Portland, Oregon Temple, located in Lake Oswego. This picture was not taken during the dark, cloudy days of January, but at another time.
This is what I recorded in my journal on that day:
January 9, 2013
This has been such a wonderful day for me. I was set apart as a temple worker by Pres. Myron Childs, Pres. of the temple. I loved my first day working in the temple. This is something I've wanted to do for such a very long time. A dream come true! I loved it! I'm especially grateful that Crismon has allowed me to take the time to serve away from our business.
I felt the promptings of the Holy Ghost this morning as I woke up. I heard in my mind those words from my Heavenly Father by the spirit. "I love you. I am special in His Eyes." He is well pleased with me. It was that assurance that He was well aware of my service in the temple that day and He was expressing His love to me. What an incredible experience to feel of His approval of me.
I hope I can always remember the feeling of joy that I experienced at this time and have it be a foundation of strength for me throughout the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment