Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mother's Day Memories


I’m enjoying a beautiful Mother’s Day. The sun is shining brightly and for that I rejoice! Nothing is more beautiful than Oregon around Mother’s Day when the flowers are in bloom everywhere. Our kind Heavenly Father created such a magnificent world to live in!


It was a treat to have Crismon home this morning. He spent nearly every minute serving me. I’m grateful to be a mother and to have the joy having good children who are passing the legacy of faith on to their children.

Its now a week later since I started writing. I’m finally getting back to writing my thoughts. I was happy to speak with each of our nine children on Mother’s Day and some we did “Face Time.” As a young mother living in Florida, I longed to be able to share my cute children with my parents. We could write letters, but if we called, because of the cost of long distance, the one receiving the call would immediately ask, “What’s wrong.” The distance between me and many of my grandchildren is still too far, but the distance doesn’t seem as far thanks to webcam, Face Time, email, and free long distance!
Asher enjoying one-on-one time with his Dad (Seth)
As a new stake president, Crismon was brave, but I know inspired, to encourage Bishops to keep Sacrament meeting on Mother’s Day a day of worshipping, where the talks were on the Savior and not the typical “Mother’s Day” where so much emphasis was on women, giving out gifts, food and so forth. A letter was read to the members ahead of time. I heard a number of comments where sisters enjoyed it instead of guilt feelings or sadness for those who don’t have children, or who have sad situations in their families. The honoring of mothers should be done in the home.
Asher holding the book that they sent me
I loved the cards, notes, and sweet messages from my children that day and into the week. I was thrilled to receive this beautiful book “Mothers of Faith.” Tiffany wrote one of the chapters. She has an amazing Mom, and Tiffany did such a great job. It's a treasured book!
Norah, Janelle, Ruby & Dallin 5/12
We're anxious to have Dallin & Janelle and their 3 adorable girls visit us this summer! Can't wait! Dallin and Janelle are planning our CS Lewis family reunion that will be held before our MW Lewis reunion in June. Dallin feels a big burden lifted after passing his major exams and orals in his Doctorate program. He nows has his Dissertation which will take several years to complete. Way to go Dallin! A big cheer for Janelle for her incredible support. She received a much deserved break for several days to visit a friend in Colorado.

Ondalynn and Gary's family came for dinner. Dad came a little later after setting Kevin Milburn apart as a missionary, to the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission. Gary set to work preparing a delcious dinner along with Sydney's help. Have I mentioned how much we love having this family close by? It's fun to see them all growing up and developing well in many aspects of their lives.
Grandma Lewis, Isaac, Gary, Ondalynn, Julia, Sydney & Bryson
Vivi and Brett's family joined us later. After dinner the mother's were treated to Mother's Day songs. It was the hottest day of the year so far. We pulled out the fans for the first time since last summer.
Julia played so cute with cousin, Kaeley

My first Mother's Day with Ondalynn as a Mommy herself.

Everyone wasn't too excited about singing, but they did it!

Isaac was devastated when he had to leave Grandpa!
Alice-Anne had a special Mother's Day, too. She is such a good Mommy, filling her day with growing activities with her children, planting a garden, making bread, making freezer jam, etc. She added in her blog: "Can you tell how thrilled Spencer is about this picture taking session? This makes me laugh because this is his personality!" 
Kute Kenna, Mommy Alice-Anne & (slightly cooperating) Spencer

Julia Joy calls me each Sunday and I love our chance to visit and get caught up on her week. She has a nice friend who is away for the summer while she's at BYU-I. She's exciting about graduating in Dec. She is such a good aunt to her nieces and nephews.

Julia with Elliot 4/12

Beautiful Vivi, is such a good Mommy. She and Brett were helping me last night with a few projects. I offered the children some candy, but they told Daisy she couldn't have it because she didn't eat her dinner. I was amazed Daisy accepted it without tears or whining. They are consistent in their parenting.

Vivienne with Kaeley 4/12

Crismon recently was hired to be a Chinese patent researcher with Multiling, a translation company based in Provo. The job entails reading over Chinese material that describe computer and engineering inventions and finding key words to see if a similar invention has already been developed. He's excited to use his Chinese in a job situation.
Grandma Swain, Danielle & Crismon, Jr. 4/12

I love talking to my sweet daughter, Emily, who does so many little things for me although she's many miles away. She keeps me smiling! She will be a fun Mom someday. She loves Family History and she's been working on the 1940 Indexing and helping edit some chapters in Grandpa Grant G. Smith's History. She's patient with my computer problems and other technology issues.
Emily with Evelyn 4/12
Meredith is a busy Mommy with her two little ones. I often talk to her as she is walking to the park. I love our Sunday morning Face Time where I can "see" those darling children.! Meredith has been extremely supportive of Bryan who just finished his 1st year of medical school. Congratulations, Bryan! She's serves in her ward as an organist and Bryan as a counselor in the Elders Quorum. Meredith is to be commended, too, for carrying on so well at home while Bryan studied endlessly.
Christian & Evelyn with their cute Mommy on Mother's Day
I feel very blessed to have these wonderful children and grandchildren. I'm so very thankful to be a Mother! They are my jewels! They honored me on my 60th birthday with this special necklace in the shape of "infinity." Ondalynn's birthstone is at the top and the jewels gradually get better with Emily's at the bottom. The children tease that it is appropriate that Emily's is the biggest! My joy is full! Thank you, my precious ones, for making me so happy. I love you, Mom....









1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What a wonderful update on the family. I'm glad it was such a great day for you!