Friday, May 4, 2012

More celebration turning 60

Wed., April 4th, I officially turned 60, but I had such a great day that turning 60 was quite delightful! I hope that each of our children will have the blessing of having wonderful children to honor them as they reach those milestones in their lives. What joy I felt as I heard from each of the children and felt their love. My day started out by 4 dozen roses delivered by some sweet family members! Oh my! I couldn't believe it, along with two boxes of chocolates! 

 The Vance children were out of school for spring break so Ondalynn brought the children, and Vivi came, too, with her three for a day of fun. Being with family was the best part of the day.

Beautiful daughters, Vivi with Kaeley and Ondalynn with Isaac



Just the girls went out for lunch at a delicious Thai Restaurant in dowtown Gresham. Sydney managed all the children in the basement while Grandpa worked in the office.


Ondalynn made a delicious cake with whip cream and strawberries on top. Yum! It was fun to share it with the grandchildren.


Then the children enjoyed an Easter egg hunt in the basement. 

Crismon treated me to a romantic dinner at Truffle Hunter. I appreciated him keeping his calendar clear as it was typically a night he did interviews. 


My Sweetheart presented me with a very treasured gift. Each of the children wrote a paragraph of a special memory that they loved about me, and Emily had put it together in such an artistic manner. I loved it! We rented the movie "Courageous" to finish the evening." We highly recommend this terrific movie about fathers being great Dads to their children and stepping up to be the best that they can be. I feel so truly thankful for the many blessings that are showered upon me. Life is wonderful! I love being a mother and grandmother to this precious family.










No comments: