Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kaeley Karen Caudle has arrived!



Just 12 hours ago at 1:10 a.m. "little" Kaeley Karen Caudle arrived weighing just 5 lbs. 10 oz., 19 inches long and perfect in every way. She is beautiful! Everything happened so quickly that Vivienne didn't have time to have an epidural. Kaeley shares her birthday with Uncle Dallin who turned 27 today.


Her arrival was a little different from most babies as she was still in the sac. The Dr. made it just seconds before her birth. The nurses were in "awe" as they had never seen a baby born in the sac before, although they had been working in maternity for many years. 


Daisy keeps saying, "Mom, I love our new baby." She is especially excited to have Kaeley here as she loves babies.


We are very proud grandparents of #19! We delight in having our Caudle family close so we both can enjoy this precious baby. I felt badly I slept through the text that Vivi sent to tell me it was time to come to the hospital. We are thankful that all went well. Vivi endured the natural delivery well, but it wasn't planned. We are tending Clark and Daisy until Sunday afternoon. I will leave on Monday to fly to Phoenix for Grandma Lewis' 91st birthday. I look forward to being with my "sisters" for the Sister's Retreat as we celebrate with Mom and her wonderful life. I'm sorry to leave Vivi when she needs me the most! We feel so richly blessed. How grateful we are for these Mommies who are willing to have children.


Last Sunday we celebrated Julia Vance's 6th birthday and Brett's birthday coming up on the 25th at the Vance's home. We missed Grandpa as he had Bishop interviews until late that night.


The grandchildren were good sports to gather around Grandma for a picture. I had to record the joy I feel in having them all close by. It's such a treat! I still can't believe it!


Monday morning I went to Viv's to help her organize the children's clothes and do some cleaning in preparation for her baby to come. Then that evening, Ondalynn brought the children to help me and Grandpa pull weeds and prepare the ground for the rocks to be spread. Such a job hauling those rocks!


Bryson loved working with Grandpa! He enjoys being "in charge." I think he may be a construction manager some day. So cute!


All the children worked so hard! Ondalynn had them learn this motto as they drove over, "Work hard, go fast, feel good!"


Gary joined them after work and he saved us, arriving just as Grandpa had to leave for interviews. We're so grateful they chose a service project for their FHE activity by helping us! We couldn't believe all that they accomplished in such a short time! Thank you Vance's!


4 comments:

Ondalynn said...

Cute pics of Kaeley! She still has some chubs even though she's tiny!

Meredith Williams said...

I would never guess that Kaeley is 5lbs. I have to agree with Ondalynn, she is chunky. I can't believe how big Isaac is.

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful baby! So glad you get to be close.

Alice-Anne said...

thanks for all the details and pictures! Sorry we aren't there to help with the projects!