On May 2 we had a fun family dinner with cousin Logan Lewis visiting friends in Portland. He is the life of a party! The cousins loved him, and the next morning Daisy said, “I wish Mom’s cousin would come back.”
Mother’s Day was joyous to have all our Northwest families (Ondalynn, Seth, Vivi, and Julia) gather in our Gresham home (one last time before we move). I was delighted to video chat with the other families, a sweet time to share memories.
Four families moving
Of course, May marked big changes in residences. No fewer than four of our families are impacted by moves in May and June!
Meredith & Bryan closed on their home in Graham, WA (near Tacoma). They will move from Maryland the first of July. We are so thrilled they will be within a few hours drive from us. Bryan has been assigned to the NICU at the Madigan Medical Center at Fort Lewis.
The Vances’ backyard neighbor, as a favor to them, gave us first offer on the home next to him where his (now deceased) parents’ had lived. He had been touched by the Vances’ neighborliness and wanted them to have the blessing of having aging parents nearby, as he had had. What a tender mercy! Had it gone on the market we would have been in a bidding war in this crazy market. Within a day we were under contract. We feel so blessed! We take possession on July 1. We will be a stone’s throw away from the Vances—a dream come true to be so close to family in our empty-nester years! I'm including a photo of what the house liked like on the inside when we walked through it. The rooms were packed to the brim with stuff! We're grateful the yard is much more manageable. I also included some photos of our beautiful yard in Gresham. Crismon worked so hard to keep it looking lovely.
Also in May we were joined by some of Ondalynn and Vivi’s families to help Julia and Austin Doutre move into their lovely new rental home in Olympia, WA. Again, another tender mercy for them to secure this home and for Austin to be able work from home (thanks Covid!). There are now less than two hours from us.
Then Vivi and her children were approved for a nice apartment in Vancouver. They will be just five minutes away from us and the Vances. They will be in the neighboring ward, meeting in the same building.
And at the end of the month, we signed on our home now preparing for our move on June 18 to Vancouver.
A Month of Miracles
Recently while working in the garage, I tripped and fell hard onto the concrete floor, my knees and hands taking the brunt of the fall. I thought for sure I had broken some bones. Crismon and I were speaking in church the next day. After a priesthood blessing, I had what I consider a miraculous recovery. It was almost like it didn’t happen as I was able to go through Sunday without pain or soreness. I’m so grateful for the Lord’s healing power.
Also in May, Alice-Anne’s baby Oliver (photo), whose vocal folds were paralyzed at birth, were found to be moving—not 100% of the time, but at least they were moving a sign they would heal completely. It was a miracle as they were told not to expect this for at least a year. They were able to permanently remove his nose feeding tube and he can feed from a bottle. We are deeply grateful for this wonderful blessing for Oliver and all the Johns family.
We also received the joyous news that Crismon Jr. and Danielle are expecting a baby. We are so grateful for the medical advancements that have led to this miracle. They return to NYC to continue his studies at Columbia in August and she has a January due date.
Our good friends, Kevin & Nancy Jones invited us to their home for dinner. He served with Crismon in the YSA Bishopric, and Nancy has always been an inspiration to me.
We rejoice in the Lord’s generous blessings to our family this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment