Thursday, February 28, 2019

A Freezing February

Crismon & Vivienne Lewis Family Update for February 2019
As I already mentioned, stake conference was the biggest event in February. Elder Bruce E. Ghent, of the Seventy, was a very down-to-earth, gentle, kind man, so easy to host him in our home. Our biggest challenge that weekend was a huge snowstorm that hit Friday evening. It was a great conference, and the Lord blessed our stake in rich abundance, despite the problems caused by the snow storm.


We’re excited for Crismon and Danielle in their new adventure coming up this fall. In Crismon Jr’s words:
Earlier this month I received admittance to a PhD program in Chinese at Columbia University. I'll be studying with a professor that specializes in ancient Chinese history and archaeology. Danielle and I am excited about moving to New York City this summer and being close to immediate and extended family on the east coast for the next several years.   


Other good news, Seth, Tiffany, and their boys will be moving to Oxford, England this summer. Seth will be a visiting Fellow with the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism at the University of Oxford, one of the premier research institutes for the study of journalism around the world. They will be there a year. I asked Seth to explain what he’ll be doing:
My research, in part, will focus on better understanding (in our fast-changing moment of mobile apps, social media, distributed discovery, and confusion surrounding misinformation) what the “lived experience of news” actually looks like for people — particularly those who are poorer, less-educated, living in rural communities, and so forth. On the flip side, I’m also interested in understanding what the lived experience of news looks like from the standpoint of journalists, particularly as they navigate growing forms of hostility and harassment from audiences as well as authoritarians.

My good friend, Cathy Hansen (Janelle's Mom), invited me to lunch and then we made some beautiful floral arrangements for the sisters we minister to. I’m loving teaching Gospel Doctrine with the Come Follow Me lessons. They’re great!

All of our family are doing well. It's wonderful to have the Vance's and Vivi's family close by. We love the way technology helps us stay connected with our family that are far away. Best of all, we love the gospel ties that binds us together eternally. 





No comments: