We happily celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary this month. Crismon surprised me with beautiful roses. We enjoyed doing sealings in the temple, and then a temple endowment session. It is such a blessing to have the temple close. We also had the joy of attending the temple with daughter Vivienne and Ondalynn one morning. Earlier in the month we enjoyed being in a session with Crismon's counselors and their wives. Then President Watts took all of us into a sealing room where we were able to do sealings. We're glad Vivienne and two of her sister-in-law's were able to join us that night, too. It was a choice experience to hear the recent changes in the sealing ceremony. The wording is so beautiful. Also some wording changes in the Endowment. Changes in culture and conditions result in changes as needed with the temple wording, but doesn't change the ordinance and its significance.
On January 11th, we were privileged with the other stake presidents and their wives in the Coordinating Council to have a special dinner with Elder Quentin Cook, his wife, Mary, and Elder Patrick Kearon & his wife, Jennifer, who were in our area on a mission tour and stake conference assignments. It was held in Longview, WA. When I shook Elder Cook's hand I told him we were cousins as we share the same Great-great grandfather Phineas Wolcott Cook. He knew some of my uncles and spoke highly of them. It was a treat for us to have him answer our questions for more than two hours during the dinner.
I wanted to share that I loved the sweet experience of reading the Book of Mormon as counseled by our dear prophet, President Russell M. Nelson, during the last few months of last year. I wanted to finish it before we left on our trip back East for the holidays, so I am grateful I was able to read it in two months. It was a sweet spiritual experience to mark the scriptures that referred to Jesus Christ. I am grateful for our daughters, and some of our granddaughters, and one of our sons, who joined the challenge as well and finished it by the end of the year.
I wanted to share that I loved the sweet experience of reading the Book of Mormon as counseled by our dear prophet, President Russell M. Nelson, during the last few months of last year. I wanted to finish it before we left on our trip back East for the holidays, so I am grateful I was able to read it in two months. It was a sweet spiritual experience to mark the scriptures that referred to Jesus Christ. I am grateful for our daughters, and some of our granddaughters, and one of our sons, who joined the challenge as well and finished it by the end of the year.
We enjoyed attending Julia Vance's voice recital. She chose to pursue voice and not continue with piano for now. She has a beautiful voice. Clark turned 12! He's now in Young Men's. He will be ordained a Deacon in possibly a few months. We love getting updated pictures of Julia and baby Dallin. Our grandchildren bring us great joy.
Spencer turned 11 last October but with the recent changes 11-year-olds by January can do baptisms for the dead and also be ordained Deacons and enter the Young Men's program and young women in the Young Women's program. Dorothy also turned 11 the end of December. She was able to move in to YW's and will participate with the youth in their temple trips. Spencer had a good experience going to the Jordan River temple with his parents. He loved recording the baptism best of all.
We're proud of Elliot who finished reading the Book of Mormon 3 months before his 8th birthday! Sydney and Julia created an outline of the temple for the YW in Excellence.
We also have some sad news. A little over a month ago our son-in-law, Brett Caudle, announced that he wanted a divorce from our daughter Vivienne after 13 years of marriage and 3 children (ages 7, 9, and 12).
The sister's wrapped their arms around Vivi with their love even though they were miles apart. They sent this beautiful bouquet of flowers to her. Vivi and the children celebrated finishing the Book of Mormon. She's a good mommy to her children.

No comments:
Post a Comment