Friday morning we visited with Grandma Julia, then on to meet up with Emily & Bronson at their nice apartment, then to lunch. We toured the Museum of Art, and enjoyed many interesting, and beautiful paintings. I appreciated Emily borrowing a wheelchair from her work facility so I didn't have to walk so much. That was very helpful. Also, I'm using a wheelchair much more at airports now, too, and that is a relief, too. We topped off our afternoon with the Gardner's at the Creamery for some delicious ice cream! We will really miss having Emily & Bronson in Utah, as they move to Madison, Wisconsin the end of May.
We loved being in the Conference Center for the Saturday morning, Solemn Assembly, and standing to sustain, with all our hearts, our new prophet, Pres. Russell M. Nelson, and his counselors, Pres. Dallin H. Oaks, and Pres. Henry B. Eyring. We know the power and spirit of that meeting was felt around the world as members participated in their homes, chapels, or wherever they were to sustain our dear prophet. It truly was an incredible experience. The spirit was so strong in the Conference Center. It was wonderful to actually be there in personal and witness that sacred experience as the First Presidency, the Quorums, the Seventy, etc, the Melchizedek Priesthood bearers, the Aaronic Priesthood bearers, the Relief Society, the Young Woman, and then the entire body of the church stood to sustain our new prophet, Pres. Russell M. Nelson. While standing there to sustain our prophet, I received a powerful witness from the spirit that he indeed is called of God. I hadn't really been praying for that witness, but I realized that would have been good to do that, but I was grateful for the power of the Holy Ghost that witnessed to me that he was called of God.
I'm glad that Emily & Bronson could be with us for that session, and especially grateful that granddaughter, Kenna Johns, could join us, too. Having these experiences as youth is so helpful as you strengthen your testimony. She seemed to love being there as well.
Crismon & I have been reading Pres. Nelson's biography and it has been so interesting. He truly is a man of God, so gifted, so prepared to fulfill this role as our prophet. We sustain him with our prayers, fasting, and obedience.
Emily & Bronson tended the Johns children on Sunday afternoon so Alice-Anne & Gary could attend that session with us. It was also another powerful session. Pres. Nelson announced that there would be no more Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching, it would now be called Ministering, and we heard several talks explaining more about what that meant. Seven new temples were announced. Dallin & Janelle were so very excited to hear that there will be a temple built in Richmond, VA, two hours from them. When the choir sang, "Let Us All Press On in the Work of the Lord," I was truly overcome by the spirit, and I had to cover my mouth to hold in my emotions. I couldn't hold back the tears. I was so overcome by the powerful spirit of the Holy Ghost that attended the conference. The choir sounded absolutely amazing! I'm sure angels were singing with them.
We're glad that Alice-Anne & Gary were able to go on a little get-away on Monday and Tues. Spencer got sick in the night, so they delayed a little in the morning so Crismon & I could go to the Jordan River Temple Open House. What a beautiful temple! The paintings were especially lovely.
Alice-Anne got to snow ski for the first time at Alta. They attended the Draper temple before returning late Tues. afternoon. It was so fun to have my sister, Meredith, come down from Ogden to visit with me and wish me Happy Birthday. She was so sweet. I received two cards from her as she couldn't decide between the two of them. Also, she informed me that chocolate was essential everyday so she gave me a bag of chocolates. She's so fun and I'm so grateful she's my sister!
Sadly, the stomach flu made it's way through the Johns family. That delayed the Johns from leaving on their Spring Break trip to Moab by a day. Dad was sick with it, too, on the day as we returned home on my birthday. I'm so thankful I didn't get sick.
This month has been very busy, especially for Crismon as he and his counselors have spent many hours making the necessary changes with the Elder’s Quorum Presidencies. We spoke at a Singles Adult fireside, attended the temple each week, enjoyed grandchildren’s school concerts, hosted Seth & Tiffany’s family one weekend, and hosted Tiffany & her Dad another weekend while they were here to go skiing. We had a lovely evening with our Patriarch and his wife in our home for dinner and then to view the training video for Patriarchs as a reminder of his duties and the Stake Pres. responsibilities. We love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the opportunities to serve, and the blessing our family brings to us.
I'm glad that Emily & Bronson could be with us for that session, and especially grateful that granddaughter, Kenna Johns, could join us, too. Having these experiences as youth is so helpful as you strengthen your testimony. She seemed to love being there as well.
Crismon & I have been reading Pres. Nelson's biography and it has been so interesting. He truly is a man of God, so gifted, so prepared to fulfill this role as our prophet. We sustain him with our prayers, fasting, and obedience.
Emily & Bronson tended the Johns children on Sunday afternoon so Alice-Anne & Gary could attend that session with us. It was also another powerful session. Pres. Nelson announced that there would be no more Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching, it would now be called Ministering, and we heard several talks explaining more about what that meant. Seven new temples were announced. Dallin & Janelle were so very excited to hear that there will be a temple built in Richmond, VA, two hours from them. When the choir sang, "Let Us All Press On in the Work of the Lord," I was truly overcome by the spirit, and I had to cover my mouth to hold in my emotions. I couldn't hold back the tears. I was so overcome by the powerful spirit of the Holy Ghost that attended the conference. The choir sounded absolutely amazing! I'm sure angels were singing with them.
We're glad that Alice-Anne & Gary were able to go on a little get-away on Monday and Tues. Spencer got sick in the night, so they delayed a little in the morning so Crismon & I could go to the Jordan River Temple Open House. What a beautiful temple! The paintings were especially lovely.
Alice-Anne got to snow ski for the first time at Alta. They attended the Draper temple before returning late Tues. afternoon. It was so fun to have my sister, Meredith, come down from Ogden to visit with me and wish me Happy Birthday. She was so sweet. I received two cards from her as she couldn't decide between the two of them. Also, she informed me that chocolate was essential everyday so she gave me a bag of chocolates. She's so fun and I'm so grateful she's my sister!
Sadly, the stomach flu made it's way through the Johns family. That delayed the Johns from leaving on their Spring Break trip to Moab by a day. Dad was sick with it, too, on the day as we returned home on my birthday. I'm so thankful I didn't get sick.
This month has been very busy, especially for Crismon as he and his counselors have spent many hours making the necessary changes with the Elder’s Quorum Presidencies. We spoke at a Singles Adult fireside, attended the temple each week, enjoyed grandchildren’s school concerts, hosted Seth & Tiffany’s family one weekend, and hosted Tiffany & her Dad another weekend while they were here to go skiing. We had a lovely evening with our Patriarch and his wife in our home for dinner and then to view the training video for Patriarchs as a reminder of his duties and the Stake Pres. responsibilities. We love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the opportunities to serve, and the blessing our family brings to us.













No comments:
Post a Comment