When I arrived about 9:30 am, I walked in to her room and I immediately felt the presence of the spirit. It was evident that heaven was very near. I wish I would have taken a picture, because Julia was glowing. She looked radiant, and there was a calm, peaceful feeling in the room. I was glad I could be there to encourage Julia as she began pushing. It was a team effort with the nurse, Austin, and myself. Julia was amazing, giving it everything she had and more. She pushed for over 2 hours.
I'm so thankful for the amazing blessing of being there to witness the miracle of birth. After having nine babies, it was fascinating to see it all happen without the pain of childbirth. It truly is a miracle!!! Dad was in the waiting area, anxiously awaiting the news. There was so much going on, I hardly had a minute to let him know. But as soon as the word got out to the family, there was a flood of congratulations from everyone. They named him Dallin Glen Doutre. I especially love the name as we named our second son, Dallin. Of course, Dallin was thrilled. His comment: "And thus I achieve immortality." Janelle responded, "HE'S SO CUTE!!!! And you're probs my Dallin's favorite sibling right now Jules."
Austin took right to being a Dad. He was smitten, as was Julia and all of us. I love this picture of Dallin looking at his Daddy.
I loved holding him, and I managed to get this cute picture of him as he laid in my arms.
Because Mom and baby were doing so well, they were able to go home the next day. This was his little going home outfit. He's so big, he'll only be in his newborn clothes for maybe 10 minutes.
Little Dallin is checking out his new surroundings at home.
Julia & Austin are so happy to be a family together at home. Quoting from Julia's blog, "I remember when we were in Pocatello living in a tiny studio, we were eating dinner, and I distinctly remember feeling that we were missing a little boy next to us. Well three years later, he's here and we are SO grateful he is."
I love the hug he's giving his mommy in this picture. He is three days old here.
Four days old.
Five days old and wrapped in the cute swaddle blanket from Clementine, that Emily gave her.
He changes every day. He is six days old. Oh, we love this little one so much. I'm so thankful I can be here to help out. It is truly a joy for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment