Thursday, December 29, 2016

After Christmas

After a delightful Christmas in Eugene, we returned on Dec. 26th with Crismon and Danielle to prepare for the family to gather at our home that evening for dinner and games. Danielle made a delicious taco soup. I really appreciated her help in getting the dinner ready. Vivi had organized a gift exchange among the cousins, so they had fun watching each other open their gifts.

Ondalynn surprised me with this cute GrandKids plaque that holds pictures. It is a fun addition to our home and is now in my office and I love looking at it every day.

Ondalynn and Gary brought a fun game over for everyone to play. It was a hit. We loved having Crismon and Danielle here for the Christmas holidays. They were good to help us and bless our home by their sweet spirits. We love listening to Danielle's beautiful violin music. They left the next morning on the 27th.

I love putting the Christmas cards on our door in the kitchen each year. I don't think we received as many this time. I think people, like ourselves are sending greetings by email, although, I hope we never stop sending Christmas cards to each other. It's hard to see this wonderful Christmas season come to a close, but it's time to pack away the Christmas boxes and begin a new year.

No comments: