It's always fun to welcome in a new year. Each year passes so quickly. Can't believe how time flies. The first Saturday of January, as we do each month was to have a missionary breakfast at 7 a.m. This time it was with the mission leaders in each ward along with the Zone Leaders. It always wears me out, but I'm grateful I can support Crismon in his calling as a Stake President.
Meredith sent me this cute picture of Christian marking his first Sunday in a regular Primary class as a new Sunbeam. Our grandchildren are the cutest!
During the first few weeks in January, we had been praying constantly for Grandma Lewis as she was in the final stages of her life. She was not eating, and knew her time was now, but it was frustrating to her as she hadn't passed. It was so sad, she'd say, "What do I need to do so I can die?"
On Wed., the 7th I served in the temple. I kept thinking of Dallin, though, as he flew in to Portland that day. Dad picked him up at the airport and brought him home for lunch and visiting. Then he borrowed our car and drove to Vancouver, British Columbia for a job interview for a job in North Carolina. He returned back to Gresham on Friday evening, the 9th. We had dinner and then visiting late into the evening. He had to be up early the next morning for his return flight home. It was such a treat to have him here.
Crismon had a meeting in Lake Oswego on that Saturday with Elder Ballard who was in the area for a stake conference and to help further the missionary work in this area. His son, Craig Ballard, is our new Mission President.
On Sunday, the 11th, Meredith & Norman were set apart as missionaries for the Mesa AZ Visitors Center. They will be such great missionaries, and such a wonderful addition to the work there.
Our book club friends met for lunch to have one last time with Cathy Hansen, (Janelle's Mom,) before she and Scott left for their mission to the Philippines. I'm grateful for sweet friendships with other women who bless my life. Crismon set them apart as missionaries on Thursday evening, the 29th.
Then on the last Saturday of the month, the 31st, we had another missionary breakfast. This was for all the mission leaders, including the sister leaders along with the High Councilman over Missionary Work. It gives them time to discuss the needs of our stake in regards to how the wards can work more effectively with the missionaries. They share successes from other areas, and these young missionaries provide good insights on furthering the work in our stake.. Each of these events are a big struggle for me, but I know the Lord blesses me and helps me do it. After I rested, I was grateful I had the strength to attend the stake RS service project that morning. It's so fun to sit and visit and accomplish a good project at the same time. I participated in the making of the fleece blankets.
Crismon and I love having the temple close by so we can go together usually once a week. I serve on Wednesday midshift and then we go together Friday afternoons. My love grows for him and for our Savior each time we are in the Lord's House.


No comments:
Post a Comment