We had the treat of having Meredith & Bryan's family come for Christmas. They will be in Hawaii for the next 3 years or so for Bryan to do his Residency, so they knew that this might be the last chance to be with us for Christmas. Gratefully, Bryan had earned some good credits through SW airlines when he had gotten bumped a number of times, which made this trip nearly free for them to fly. They arrived late Wed., Dec. 17th. On Friday, Dec. 19th, Meredith & Bryan drove to Seattle to enjoy a short get-away together. It was our delight to tend the children while they were gone. Sydney & Julia came over that Friday evening to help me with the children until Saturday afternoon. They were good to keep the children happy playing games, making cookies, and taking them in the hot tub. Grandpa took them on walks and I played with them in the basement building with the Lincoln Logs, and Legos. Emily arrived home on Sat. evening. Crismon drove to Herminston where he connected with Bronson at his grandparents home, and brought Emily home from there.
I wanted to add this picture of Hudson last year when they were here for Christmas in 2013. He has grown! Wonderful to enjoy all of them 2 Christmas' in a row!
I loved taking these cute William's children to church with me on Sunday. I received so many comments on these beautiful grandchildren. That evening, while on their way back from Seattle, Meredith went by the Vance's home. She tended the Vance children while Gary and the girls went to hear Ondalynn perform in a special group for their Stake Christmas Music Festival. Bryan returned to our home and the children were delighted to see him. Dad, Vivi, Meredith, and I went to the second performance of Ondalynn's musical fireside. The entire evening was full of such incredible talent. We were so proud of Ondalynn's double quartet as it was quite difficult song, singing acapella "Little Drummer Boy" with unique vocal sounds.Monday, Dec. 22nd we went back to the Vance's for the BYU vs. Memphis game. in the Miami Bowl. The children decorated sugar cookies, and we had so much fun cheering and laughing together. Then on Christmas Eve we were at the Vance's for the Christmas program and a light supper. We came home and got pictures around the tree.
The William's children had fun playing with their cousins throughout the holiday break. There was plenty of time for stories, games, and climbing all over Grandpa as they did on his birthday to let him know they loved him. Grandpa is a good sport. Before Bryan & Meredith left, Bryan asked Dad to give him a blessing as he was making an important decision to change his medical career focus from General Surgery to Pediatrics. He has decided to be a pediatrician and he will be terrific at that.
I recorded in my journal of how I wished I felt stronger so I could do more with the grandchildren. The family went bowling together, but I couldn't because of weakness and pain. I appreciated the meals Meredith help make. She and Bryan were so good to lift my load and took over the ham and potato Christmas dinner with family. Evelyn cried almost the entire way to the airport on the evening of Dec. 30th. She gets so attached to everyone, it's hard for her to leave. Our home became far too quiet after they left.
x




No comments:
Post a Comment