Alice-Anne and Gary celebrated their 10th Anniversary on April 30th. But the celebration began earlier in the month when they went on a much deserved break for a 5-day cruise to the Caribbean, leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Dad and I stayed after General Conference to tend their good children. We had so much fun with them. Kenna and Spencer were "off-track" from school so they were home all day. We kept busy with trips to the park, swimming lessons for Kenna, the library, Arctic Circle, going on walks, which were more like "runs" because that is all that Elliot's feet know how to do is to "run!" It was a challenge to keep up with him because he is always on the move, but such a cute little guy! When he was a long way ahead of me, I would yell, "Stop." He would stop, but then as I got closer he would take off again. When he didn't want to go to the car, he would promptly lay down in the grass and pretend he was asleep! What a kid! Dad left on Thursday to get back to our business. While in Utah he did take Tuesday to do a Reliv Luncheon in American Fork and a Presentation for Richard Larson, our distributor in Bountiful.
Gratefully the children were such good helpers, and very cooperative for me, that I did fine for the next couple of days without Dad. On Friday it was fun to have my sister Meredith and her daughter Lindsey and her two adorable children come down and go to the park with us and a picnic lunch. It was such a hot day that the children ran through the sprinklers for the first time of the year. We had fun watching "Frozen," reading stories, playing together, and being entertained by Elliot. Grandpa is so fun with the children, giving Elliot horsie rides up and down the stairs. They were good eaters, and such good children, very respectful, helpful, and never complained about their parents being gone. When I said, "You children are so good to help Grandma so much," Spencer said, "It's because we love you so much, Grandma." That melted my heart! My second day tending them Elliot said, pointing to me, "You're the Mom, and Grandpa is the Dad." While Crismon was watching them at the park, I texted him to take pictures. He wrote back, "How do you capture 'lightning?!?" Meaning Elliot of course. Most of my pictures of him are the back side as he doesn't hold still for long.
On the way to the airport I told Elliot, "We're going to pick up your Mom & Dad at the airport." He said, "No they went grocery shopping." The children were so excited to see their parents, but Elliot especially clung to his Dad for a long time. He has really bonded with Gary while Alice-Anne was busy as a YW's President. That meant Gary had them for hours on Sunday and every Wednesday night. I'm glad we could help so they could have this fun trip together. I spent Sunday with them before heading home that night. Before I left they enacted our Palm Sunday for FHE.


No comments:
Post a Comment