Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dallin & Janelle & family come to Gresham!

We're so thrilled! Dallin & Janelle arrived on Friday from Indiana! It's a welcome relief for them to have a break after a very intense year building up to Dallin taking his Written and Oral Exams for his Doctorate Program. They are here for about 10 days and then they travel with us to Utah for our CS Lewis Family Reunion at Bear Lake from June 21-25th. We're staying at Roger & Andrea's Lodge. Can't wait!

Friday they spent the day with the Hansen's and then Saturday afternoon the fun began at our house.
Norah trying on her Mom's sandals
Dallin pulled out his boxes from the garage to discover what he had packed up years ago to see what it was he had held on to.

Norah and Ruby checking out the LONG knited scarf their Dad made years ago.

Dorothy happy to find the doll house to play with.
Grandpa playing with the girls.

Super Mom Janelle always had her arms full! 
Norah exploring a new house.

The Vance's and the Caudle's joined us for visiting and games. There were kids everywhere. Dad and I loved it!

Games at the adult table

Ruby & Norah having so much fun!

I couldn't stand the thoughts of Dallin & Janelle being here and not being with them at Church today, so I visited the Damascus Ward where the Hansen's attend and enjoyed every minute I had holding those twins and sitting next to Dorothy. It was delightful, especially because I have no family around to sit by on Sundays. I was surprised how easily they came to me. It didn't last long, but made my day that they let me hold them.

1 comment:

Alice-Anne said...

I remember that knitted scarf! Those kids are so cute! Glad you get them for so long!