We couldn't pass up the opportunity to be at the Conference Center for General Conf in Salt Lake City. Since Crismon now had access to tickets we were able to attend. What a treat to have Julia there from BYU-I, Emily and Crismon & Danielle from BYU-Provo. Sat. morning, Mar. 31 was an absolutely gorgeous spring day, in fact I think it was even up to 81 degrees! We had seven tickets, so it was nice to have Alice-Anne join us for the Sat. morning session. We surely appreciate the Johns' letting us descend on them whenever we have these gatherings.
I can't tell you the feeling that over came me when our sweet daughter, Emily, came running to me outside the Conference Center and nearly knocking me off my feet with excitement to see us and the thrill it was for her to be at Conference. Pinch me! I love being a Mom and I love seeing our children delight in General Conference just like I do. It has been a joy of mine since I was a little girl.
I couldn't believe I could be here with my precious children! We had good seats in the Terrace Section. We enjoyed seeing other members of our stake there, too.
The weather couldn't have been better. Alice-Anne and I headed back to West Jordan while Dad, the girls and Crismon & Danielle stayed on Temple Square. They grabbed a lunch at the new City Creek Center and then hurried back to sing in a choir with cousin Jessica Smith located on one of the intersections. Young Single Adults were asked to sing on the sidewalks to take up space so protestors couldn't take over. They were all then able to get seats back in the Conf. Center for that afternoon.
| "I Love To See The Temple" Julia, Alice-Anne, Dad, Emily, Mom, Danielle & Crismon Jr. |
| Beautiful daughters, Emily, Alice-Anne & Julia |
My heart went out to Pres. Packer to see him struggle as we both have Post Polio. He can no longer use his legs. I loved his talk on Children, a heritage of the Lord. I've listened again and again since to Pres. Eyring's talk on "Mountains to Climb." The Lord has promised, "I will not...forsake thee." I loved the thought on faith that it doesn't come all at once, but a "twig" at a time.
I loved being with my Sweetheart. We don't often get to sit together, so this was a special treat. There is such a wonderful feeling to be in the Conf. Center. Crismon and I turned to each other as it began and said, "It was worth the trip!" The long 12+ hour drive wasn't easy as we didn't get away under noon on Thurs. and we have been so busy, we left tired. Apostles and other leaders.
The children were having such much fun outside enjoying the warm sunshine when we returned Sat. afternoon. Little Elliot was everywhere! But when he saw his Mommy, he only wanted to be in her arms.
Sunday morning was cold, windy, rainy and miserable! What a big difference - 40 degree change from the day before. We watched the Sun. morning session in the theater at the Visitors Center.
Elder Scott's insights and understanding of revelation and inspiration warmed my heart. Listening to the Priesthood session has been a joy as well. Elder Bednar's talk on the privilege and power of the Priesthood was wonderful. I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talk in the Priesthood session on the "Why" of our service. Elder Hallstrom's talk on the question, "Are we just converted to the Church, or do our actions show we are truly converted to the Gospel was thought provoking.
So many great talks. Crismon and I enjoyed reading and discussion Elder Scotts talk last Monday night for our FHE. We share how we each receive revelation in our lives. I love the companionship of the Holy Ghost in my life.
Danielle's Grandmother Swain joined us for the Sunday afternoon session in the Conf. Center and then she had all of us over for dinner in her missionary apt. less than a block away. She fed us a delicious feast and it was such a treat to get to know her better. We know where Danielle gets her sweet nature. We were sorry to learn later that Dantzelle & Durelle were there, too. Wish we could have met up with them.
It was also April Fools day and there were some tricks. We had called Alice-Anne and Gary to tell them we were on our way home and to please keep the children up until we got there. We were so disappointed to arrive back at the Johns to find Kenna & Spencer had gone to bed. But soon they were running down the stairs yelling "April Fools!" We were so glad they were teasing us as we hadn't had enough time to enjoy them.
| Emily enjoying something funny on IPad |
2 comments:
Glad you got to spend so much time with family and enjoy Conference the same time. Love your insights.
so many great pictures!! love it! that one of you and Dad outside is especially good!
Post a Comment