Friday, Mar. 9th, Alice-Anne drove me to Kaysville for the family dinner in honor of McKenzie (Randy & Norene's daughter) and Bradley Clawson the night before their wedding in the Bountiful temple. I enjoyed visiting with my wonderful Smith family, meeting Brad's family and hearing the sweet stories of McKenzie and Brad as they grew up and then found each other.
 |
| McKenzie & Bradley Clawson |
 |
| Grandma Julia and Vivienne |
 |
| Norman, Meredith and Tom Ashton |
 |
| Happy parents, Randy & Norene Smith |
 |
| Bruce & Brecklyn (Smith) Ferrin |
 |
| Geoff, Peggy & Norene |
 |
| Jamie, Becca & Jessica Smith |
 |
| Fun time together with family |
 |
| I loved being with my beautiful daughters, Emily & Alice-Anne |
Emily and I enjoyed spending the night at the Ashton's lovely home in Ogden. On that gorgeous sunny, warm Saturday, we gathered at the Bountiful temple to witness the sealing of McKenzie & Bradley. Beautiful couple, pure and clean. Many family were together at the reception that night. It was a huge event as both families were from that area. I treasure the choice experience of being with family for this important occasion. I couldn't help but think that Mom & Dad were probably there, too.
 |
| This cute couple look like brother & sister! |
 |
| Emily with Aunt Andrea & Andie Smith |
 |
| I love being a Mom! Emily makes me smile. |
 |
| Amazingly warm, sunny and perfect for a March wedding in Utah |
 |
| Meredith, Geoff, Vivienne, Roger - I love my family! |
 |
| A great family! Randy & Norene Smith Family |
 |
| I love being with my sister, Meredith Ashton. We missed Kathi! |
 |
| Cute Cousins! Andie & Delaney Smith |
 |
| Emily was so happy to be there on McKenzie's special day! |
 |
| Kute Kenna Johns with McKenzie |
 |
| Spencer loved dancing with his Mommy Alice-Anne |
 |
| Crismon & Danielle came up from Provo |
 |
| Lots of cousins to enjoy. Garrett & Alisha Smith, Crismon & Danielle visiting with Uncle Geoff |
 |
| Cousin Becca caught the bouquet! Lauren and Emily shared in the fun, too. |
 |
| We're so blessed to have Danielle in our family! |
I went home after the reception with Crismon and Danielle to Orem. I'm grateful I had this time to visit with them. They are living in Grandma Swain's lovely home while she serves a Family History Mission in SLC. They have a wonderful set up. I slipped out early Sunday morning to attend Emily's Sacrament Meeting with her. The student ward meets in a lovely building on the Wyview Apt. complex. It was nice to get better acquainted with Emily's roommates, Bishop, and friends. Then I enjoyed Crismon and Danielle block meetings that afternoon. They have a good family ward just a few blocks from their home in Orem. Danielle prepared a scrumptious meal for after our meetings that we enjoyed before heading for the airport for my return trip home. What a treat to be with this wonderful couple, going forward doing many good things in their lives.

While flying down to Utah and then back, I met two wonderful people. I really enjoyed sharing about our church with a nice lady on the first leg of my trip. She asked, "What does your church have that mine doesn't?" She had lived in SLC for 21 years and wasn't too happy about living by so many Mormons. I shared about the Apostasy and the Restoration and she asked, "Why has no one shared that with me before?" On the way home I sat by a lovely LDS lady from Astoria, OR. It seemed that we had been friends forever. We've already emailed about getting together at the temple someday. I love meeting new people and hearing the interesting stories of their lives. Life is full, rich and rewarding!
3 comments:
wow! Such beautiful pictures. Those two are a handsome, brother and sister-like couple. I feel lucky to live in Utah and be able to attend so many of these weddings and events. loved hearing about your airplane conversations, too. love ya, mom!
We miss being inutah and seeing you and lll theses cousins. Thanks for posting so many pictures!
So beautiful! I really loved looking through this post, and reading about your trip. Jason's mom grew up in Astoria. We visit his aunt there often, and go to the ward there. I'll have to ask you who your new friend is. I might know her:)
Post a Comment